Saturday, January 23, 2010

QUICK!!! Please help...How do you get red nail polish off a shag carpet?

My 2 year old dumped out an entire bottle of red nail polish on my leased home's carpet. HELP!!! How do I get it off? I have used remover and tried to steam clean.....nothing has worked. The remover worked a little....but does not seem to be working anymore.QUICK!!! Please help...How do you get red nail polish off a shag carpet?
you find carpet that matcher your carpet and you buy a sample. then you cut a square of your carpet out with a razor knife and cut another spuare to match from the new carpet.





then you glue the seams down with silicone rubber....





fluff the edges





would not do it that way in my house but it isll get you your security deposit back.QUICK!!! Please help...How do you get red nail polish off a shag carpet?
Be careful using nail polish remover on it, it could melt the carpet. Try looking on HGTV's web site, maybe they have an answer for you.
a whole gallon of Windex....
I wish i asked this question, cuz I always spill nail polish
Get a rag,and soak the area w/nail polish and then take the excess off w/ the rag,add more remover and take it off,until is off
try ';oops';
I have to go with the person who suggested cutting out the spot and replacing with the new carpet. BUT, having worked in apartment renting, I would suggest calling a carpet care company and seeing if they can patch it for you. The fee will probably not be too high.
Check your local hardware store for a product called goof off. I'm serious it's name is Goof Off, a contractor showed me this stuff while working on a Habitat for Humanity home and it removes EVERYTHING. We used it to clean up paint off wood floors, clean grey smears on siding you name it. It comes in a metal can resembling a small propane bottle for camp stoves and works like a charm!
Simple green full-strength .... will get the job done! ... be patient!. Cover the area and let sit for 10min and use paper towels and dab it up repeat until gone. Some shades may leave a little color residue but Simple Green will work.
I'm sorry but I don't think it will come off. You might have to get another carpet re-instaled and the next time you are doing your nail cover the whole entire floor with newspaper.
I don't think at this point you will get it out. To piece in a patch call a professional for this, if the same carpet runs into any closet they can cut a piece out where you wouldn't notice to much and remove the damaged area, and replace. you may not even see where they did the patch, depending on the type of carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment