Sunday, January 17, 2010

How do you apply nail polish correctly?

Hi, my friend wanted me to ask this on Y!A (why she doesn't have an account, I dont know).





She says that she wants to know how to apply nail polish correctly and make it look professionally done. Usually the nailpolish at the stores comes out gunky when you apply it. She knows to apply a base coat and whatever, but any other tips?





God Bless.





P.S: I myself am not a girly girl.....so I have no further comment (she typed this lol).How do you apply nail polish correctly?
Ooh I just read this is CosmoGirl. Get the brush and take off some of the extra so it's not all gunky like you said. Then paint the tip of your nail in one direction. Only the tip. Then dip it back in and take off the extra. Then put the top of the brush by your cuticle so you're pulling up your nail and not down. You could go all the way up the nail or just to the part you already painted. I haven't tried this yet so I'll have to test it out, but it's in CosmoGirl so it must work lol.How do you apply nail polish correctly?
You can apply a ';protective'; coat that I think you can get somewhere =P I have one of those but i don't know if its good cuz i don't paint my nails really often and then use normal nail polish.. someone i know got nail polish for like.. .5-7 dollars a bottle and said it was good... that's like loreal or something but as i said before i don't really use it so :P





and i guess if you want it shiny-er you can put a clear coat over. but that's a lot of layers of nail polish lol





i don't know if this is the correct way of putting it on but i usually do one stroke on the left side of the nail then one stroke on the right...
umm, shake the nail polish bottle before applying to your nails. and only go one way. and use two coats. and dont worry if it gets all over the place, like on your skin, cause that will come off in the shower. (well it does for me lol) goodluck =)
Only go in one direction. Do two coats.


Here are some good nail polish colors


Dark skin: Pink


Light skin: Red


Medium skin: Lilac
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment