Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Can fungus live in nail polish? Basically, if I get a manicure, could I get a nail fungus from the polish?

I have heard that people can get various infections if the nail salons don't clean the tools correctly. I know of a place that does clean their supplies and even disinfect and scrub the foot soak stations, but I was wondering if the nail polish itself can harbor fungus. Does anyone know if it is too toxic, or can it allow fungus to grow?Can fungus live in nail polish? Basically, if I get a manicure, could I get a nail fungus from the polish?
its very unlikely you will get it from the polish because the main ingredient is ethyl alcohol which will kill bacteria and/or fungus. You could very easily contract and infection from the files/drills/buffers/ ect. you can purchase your own kit for probably around 5 bucks and they will set aside tools for use on only your hands. Its definitly what i would reccomend because many people contract staph infections from manicures and those can be very serious.Can fungus live in nail polish? Basically, if I get a manicure, could I get a nail fungus from the polish?
mabe,only if someone who was using it had a fungus.
i highly doubt it. i've never heard of that happening, and i think that nail polish would be pretty hard for anything to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment